This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its 2-cup chopper and masher attachments.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 8 oz. ginger snaps
- 7 tbsp butter, melted
- Salt, to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place cut potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to be easily pierced with a knife.
- Add walnuts and pecans to a sheet pan with sides. Toast for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with 2-cup chopper attachment, add half the ginger snaps and roughly chop by pulsing on high speed a couple times; some bigger pieces are good for the topping. Pour cookies into a medium-sized bowl. Repeat with remaining ginger snaps.
- Add ½ the nuts and roughly chop also by pulsing on high speed a couple of times in the MultiQuick 7 2-cup chopper attachment. Pour into the bowl with the ginger snaps. Repeat with remaining nuts. Bigger chunks are also good for the nuts.
- Pour melted butter over the ginger snap nut mixture and combine well. Season with salt and a pinch of cayenne. Set aside until potatoes are cooked.
- Drain potatoes in a colander when cooked. Let dry out for a minute. Then pour into a large bowl. Using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with the masher attachment, mash using the highest speed, until potatoes are smooth. Season with salt.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer in an 8 by 13-inch glass baking dish. Top with an even layer of ginger snap nut mixture and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving with your holiday meal.