This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its 2-cup chopper, beaker and blending shaft attachments.
FOR THE STUFFED CHICKEN
- 7 6 to 8 oz.skin-on, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 room temperature egg white
- 1 ½ ounces shiitake mushroom caps
- 8 sage leaves
- 8 chives
- 2 tbsp+ 2 tsp olive oil
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 black truffle slices (optional)
FOR THE ARTICHOKE PURÉE
(Yields about 1 cup)
- 1 lb.Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
FOR THE MOUSSELINE (or Chicken filling):
- Reserve six of the chicken breasts. Attach the Braun MultiQuick 7 Blending shaft to the hand blender. Chop the breast into ¾ inch chunks and then add it to the hand blender beaker attachment.
- Blend the chicken until smooth. Add salt and pepper and blend in the egg white. Cover the mixture in the beaker and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Brush the mushrooms caps clean and add them to the 2-cup chopper attachment with the chopping blade. Add the hand blender and finely chop them. Remove to a bowl. Then finely chop the sage and chives.
- Add the oil to a sauté pan and heat over a medium temperature. Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and herbs and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the mushrooms have browned. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Once the chicken mix has chilled, add the cream to the beaker and blend with the hand blender until the mixture comes together.
- Add the truffles, if using, to the 2-cup chopper attachment and finely chop. Then add them to the beaker. Then stir in the truffles and mushroom mixture.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag or a sealed bag with the corner cut off to mimic a pastry bag. Reserve the bag in the fridge while preparing the reserved chicken breasts.
TO PREPARE THE CHICKEN BREASTS:
- Place the remaining 6 chicken breasts flat onto a cutting board. Using a thin filleting knife, carefully insert the point of the knife horizontally into the chicken to make a hole. Push the knife ¾ of the way into the chicken to make a pocket. Repeat with each chicken breast.
- Take the pastry bag from the refrigerator and push the tube into the hole and slowly fill the pocket of each chicken until just full, do not over stuff.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Drizzle 2 tbsp oil into a 12-inch oven-proof skillet and heat over a high heat. Place each breast skin down into the pan and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, turning once to brown the meat.
- Once browned, turn chicken skin-side down and place skillet in the oven; cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
MAKING THE ARTICHOKE PURÉE:
- Add cold water and lemon juice to a large bowl. Peel the artichokes and as you peel them, place them in the lemon water to prevent browning.
- Add some water to large saucepan until it is ¾ full. Add the butter, thyme and some seasoning to the pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- While waiting for water to boil, place peeled artichokes in the Braun Multiquick 7 Hand blender with the 2-cup chopper attachment. Roughly chop the artichokes.
- Add the artichokes to the boiling water, reduce heat slightly and let simmer for 15-20 minutes – until the artichokes have softened.
- Attach the Braun MultiQuick 7 blending shaft to the hand blender. Drain the artichokes and pick out the thyme stalk. Add the artichoke back to the pot and puree until smooth.
- Add the cream and process again until fully combined.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the skillet and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut each breast in half and place at the center of a plate. Use a spoon to decorate the plate with the Artichoke Purée. Serve with steamed green beans and fresh herbs to garnish.