This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its 2-cup chopper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons, ends trimmed and cut into 8 pieces, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Cornish game hens, about 1 -1 ¼ pounds each
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place garlic into Braun’s Multiquick 7 Hand blender with its 2-cup chopper attachment. Roughly chop the garlic by pulsing on high speed. Remove to bowl.
- Add lemons to the chopper and finely chop on high speed. Add lemons to garlic in bowl. Stir in 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Season hens with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in a sealable bag. Pour lemon and garlic mixture all over the hens. Seal bag and move mixture around to coat the hens. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight to get the most flavor.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven and 12-inch cast iron pan to 400° F. Once preheated, add Cornish hens to pan, careful not to grab the handle, discarding marinade. Rub remaining tablespoon olive oil on top of hens and bake for about 35-45 minutes or until hens reach 165° F. When ready, carefully remove the pan from the oven and serve with rice and a green leafy vegetable.