This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its food processor accessory and 1.5-cup chopper attachments.
Lamb Kofta Kebabs
- 1 lb. lamb (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of sweet paprika
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- Pinch of hot paprika
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Wooden skewers
Fresh Herb & Cucumber Yogurt Dip
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley,
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 wedge of lime
- To prepare the meat, place lamb into Braun’s MultiQuick 7 food processor attachment with chopping blade together with all the other listed ingredients. Attach the hand blender and start on low speed increasing gradually until it forms a ground meat. Place meat in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. While meat is in refrigerator, prepare herb and cucumber yogurt.
- For the homemade herb and cucumber yogurt, place the parsley and dill in Braun’s MultiQuick 7 1.5-cup chopper attachment, which is the perfect tool for all your small chopping jobs.
- Next change the hand blender back to the MultiQuick 7 food processor attachment with its chopping blade, that has been cleaned. Add the freshly chopped herbs, the cucumbers and the rest of the ingredients and blend to a fine mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve with meat.
- Remove meat from refrigerator. With wet hands, divide the seasoned meat into 8 equal portions and mold each one around a wooden skewer into a long sausage shape.
- Heat a grill pan or an outside grill to high. Place the koftes on the grill and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked. Serve with hot pita and yogurt sauce.
Note: For an appetizer, this recipe can be made into 8 smaller kebabs.