This recipe was prepapred using the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender and the food processor attachment with chopping blade.
- 1 ½ lbs trimmed cauliflower
- 2 oz chorizo, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 oz shredded gruyere, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Heat about 4-inches water in a pot to steam cauliflower. Break the cauliflower into pieces and place in the Braun MultiQuick 9 food processor attachment with chopping blade and pulse until they start to resemble rice.
- Add cauliflower to pot, cover and steam for 3-5 minutes until softened. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Pour cauliflower onto a kitchen towel and twist to wring out excess liquid. Do this up to three times until the cauliflower comes out completely dry. Pour into a bowl.
- Rinse out the food processor and using the chopping blade, add the chorizo and chop finely into small pieces. Add to cauliflower along with 2 ounces gruyere cheese, eggs, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Distribute the mixture evenly throughout the muffin tins and use your fingers to press the mixture into the bottom of each cup. Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.