This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick Hand blender with its food processor and 1.5 cup chopper attachments.
- 12 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 2 large red onions, about 1 pound
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 20 basil leaves + additional for garnish
- 1 ½ oz. feta cheese
- 1 ½ oz. parmesan cheese + additional for serving
- 20 pitted black olives, cut in half
- This is the perfect dish to impress your vegetarian friends – not only is it quick and easy, but it’s delicious too! Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile attach a suitable hand blender to Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with food processor attachment with its slicing insert to slice really even onion slices, extremely fast without tearing eyes. Slice all of the onions.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan and add the sliced onions. Cook for about 30 minutes on medium heat uncovered stirring often with a wooden spoon until onions are softened and caramelized but not browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- While onions are cooking, use the MultiQuick 7 1.5-cup chopper attachment with the suitable hand blender to chop the basil leaves. Place basil in a small bowl and clean out chopper. Repeat with feta and parmesan cheese, placing each into separate small bowl wiping out the chopper bowl after each addition.
- Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the hot cooking water. Add pasta to the bowl and stir in onions, feta, olives and 1 ½ ounces of parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. If needed, gradually add a little pasta water to moisten pasta. Garnish with basil and serve with additional parmesan cheese.