This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with the food processor and chopping blade attachment, whisk attachment, and beaker.
- 6 oz rhubarb, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp confectionary sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- About 8 oz sheet frozen puff pastry thawed according to package instructions
- 1 tbsp confectionery sugar
- Garnish: 6 strawberries, sliced
- In the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with the food processor and chopping blade attachment, add rhubarb and roughly chop. Add to a small pot with 2 tablespoons water. Cook rhubarb for about 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from bowl to a bowl. Let cool completely. Once cooled, add strawberries. With the blending shaft attached to the blender, roughly chop mixture. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the heavy cream into the beaker and attach the whisk attachment to the blender. Whip until stiff peaks form. Pour into a small bowl. Add the ricotta cheese cinnamon and maple syrup to the beaker and whisk it together. Spoon the cheese mixture into the cream and fold it together. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured work surface or on a piece of parchment. Cut into 6 rectangles. Using a small paring knife, lightly score a rectangle ¼-inch from the edges. (Note: don’t cut through the dough.) Transfer pastry onto the baking sheet, spacing the rectangles about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed. Remove from oven. Let cool slightly then cut center piece out, keeping it whole. Let cool completely.
- Sift confectioner’s sugar on tops of pastry that were cut out and the outside frame of rectangular pastry.
- Remove cream mixture from refrigerator. Spoon a portion of cream inside the border of each pastry then top with strawberry rhubarb mixture.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and top with the inside pastry rectangle.