This recipe was prepared using the MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with the blending shaft attachment, 1.5 cup nut chopper attachment, and beaker.
- 1 ½ cups fresh pumpkin puree*
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon honey, or more to taste
- 6 large or 20 small cannoli shells
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachio nuts, optional
- 1 oz chocolate, optional
- 1 tsp confectioner’s sugar, optional
- Place the pumpkin puree, ricotta cheese, heavy cream, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and honey in the beaker attachment of the MQ 9 beaker. Attach hand blender with blending shaft attachment and blend well.
- Scrape the filling into a piping bag fitted with an open star tip or spoon into a sealable bag and cut off about ¾ of an inch off the corner of the bag.
- Refrigerate the filling in the bag and prepare nuts or chocolate if using. Chop the nuts and/or the chocolate in the 1.5 cup chopper attachment.
- Remove filling from the fridge, pipe the filling into the cannoli shells. (Note: it’s best to only fill the cannoli’s just before you are going to eat them otherwise the shell will get soft.)
- Dip both ends of each cannoli in the nuts and/or chocolate, then sift the confectioner’s sugar over the cannoli. Serve immediately.