This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its 2-cup chopper, whisk and beaker attachments.
For the pear compote:
- 6 ripe pears, peeled and cored
- ¾ cup apple juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
For the coconut parfait:
- 3/4 cup fresh coconut milk
- 5 ounces coconut meat
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
For the chocolate-cardamom sauce: (Makes 2 ¼ cups –more than what is needed—it’s really good)
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 14 ounces dark chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 4-6 green cardamom pods
Garnish: mint leaves
- For the pear compote, peel the pears and half them lengthways. Remove the core from each pear and cut into medium dice. Combine the pear, apple juice, and vanilla bean in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until the pear is tender. Chill.
- For the coconut parfait, blend the coconut meat, coconut milk, sugar, lemon juice and mascarpone to a smooth purée with the Braun MultiQuick 2-cup chopper attachment.
- Using the Braun MultiQuick beaker attachment, add the cream and whip the cream using the whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Fold this cream into the coconut mixture. Divide the chilled pear compote between 6 glasses and spoon the coconut parfait on top. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To make the chocolate sauce, heat the milk, cardamom and butter in a saucepan, but do not boil. Place the chocolate in the beaker and pour the warm milk on top. Blend to a smooth sauce. Let cool before adding to the parfaits. (This can also be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to use. When ready to use warm slightly.)
- Once ready to serve, pour a little hot chocolate sauce on top of the coconut parfaits. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.