Need a universal gift for the special people in your life? These winter cookies made simple with our MultiQuick 9 Hand blender, will delight everyone from your mailman to your children's teachers. Prepared with the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with the food processor attachment.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 18 (5-inch) lollipop sticks
- Cookie icing, assorted colors
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Put the butter, brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and egg in the food processor attachment; pulse until smooth. Add the flour mixture half at a time, and pulse until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a 6-inch disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place lollipop sticks, 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out each disc of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out rounds with a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Re-roll scraps. Press cookies onto top third of sticks like a lollipop.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool cookies on the baking sheets 10 minutes. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Decorate cookies with cookie icing as desired. Let icing dry completely.