Prepared using the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with the whisk attachment, and mini chopper attachment.
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sweetened flakes coconut, finely chopped
- Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl. Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate; let stand 2 minutes. With the hand blender with the whisk attachment, whisk, on medium-low speed until melted and smooth; stir in the almond extract. Refrigerate until set, about 40 minutes.
- Place the almonds in the mini food processor with the chopping blade and pulse until the almonds are finely crushed. Transfer to a bowl. Place the coconut in another bowl.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Spoon rounded teaspoons of the chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls making a total of 28 truffles. Roll half of the truffles into the almonds and the remaining truffles into the coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.