This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 9 Hand blender with its 1.5 cup chopping attachment, beaker attachment and ACTIVEBlade blending wand.
- 5 tablespoons melted butter + additional for greasing pan
- 1 Jalapeno, halved and seeded
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 strips crisp cooked bacon, optional
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Add Jalapeno to Braun’s MQ9 1.5 cup chopping attachment. Attach power pack and pulse until chopped. Set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and corn in large bowl.
- Add eggs, melted butter and buttermilk to the MQ9 beaker attachment. Attach ACTIVEBlade blending wand to power pack and blend well.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients, and blend using the blending wand until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. If using bacon, cook well and then chop using the MQ9 1.5 cup chopping attachment. Top the mixture with crumbled bacon.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes, until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Serve warm.