This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its 2-cup chopper and food processor attachments.
Makes about 16 breakfast bars
- ¾ cup blanched almonds
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 small bananas
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup organic oats
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line the bottom and sides of a 8-inch square pan with parchment.
- Chop the almonds with the Braun MultiQuick 2-cup attachment. Set aside.
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Place the cooked quinoa in the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment together with the baking powder, bananas, pumpkin seeds, oats, chia seeds and almonds, and blend to a thick paste.
- Add the honey and lemon juice. Pulse to mix everything together until fully incorporated. The batter should be moist and thick. Fold in the blueberries with a spoon or your hands.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes until the bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the pan, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles). You can store the breakfast bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.