Thank you to Katie from Clarks Condensed for this delicious Pumpkin Trifle recipe, using the Braun MultiQuick 9 Hand blender. Check out her full blog post here.
Apples and Pears
- 3 medium red apples
- 2 pears
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
Pumpkin Spice Lady Fingers
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 package instant caramel pudding mix
- 1 package instant pumpkin pudding mix (or vanilla)
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream divided
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk divided
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Poached Apples and Pears
- Peel and chop apples and pears. Place in a large pot with water.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and salt to pot.
- Bring to a boil and then down to a simmer - place a piece of parchment paper over the top of the fruit.
- Let simmer 10-15 minutes or until soft. Strain the cooked fruit and reserve the leftover liquid in the pot.
- Reduce leftover liquid to a thicker substance - being careful not to burn it.
- Whip egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Once foamy, slowly add 3 tablespoons of sugar while whipping on high speed.
- When you've achieve stiff peaks, stop and move to the side.
- Whip the egg yolks with pumpkin pie spice until foamy and then add 3 tablespoons of sugar until light in color.
- Fold together egg yolks and egg white meringue in the same bowl.
- Slowly add in cake flour and salt.
- Add mixture to a piping bag, and using a large tip, pipe onto parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 375 for about 12-15 minutes.
- For each pudding mix, make it according to the boxes instructions using 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 2/3 cup whole milk. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add whipped cream to a bowl or beaker with sugar and pumpkin spice. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Place a layer of lady fingers in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Then put all of the caramel pudding.
- Then put a layer of the fruit.
- Then put whipped cream layer. Repeat!
- Decorate with whipped cream and the reduced syrup from the poached fruit.