Conquer the expected with this delicious recipe for Pina Colada Sorbet created by Spaceships and Laser Beams using the Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender. This recipe is a tasty twist on summer’s favorite flavor. Read the full blog post here
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped into chunks
- ½ cup coconut milk (not water, milk found in the can)
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. water
- Shredded coconut for garnish if desired
- Maraschino cherries for garnish, if desired
- Using the Braun MultiQuick 7 with processing bowl, add pineapple chunks and pulse, then process on high until completely processed.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add coconut milk and sugar, whisk to combine and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Add blended pineapple to a large bowl, then pour the coconut/sugar mixture into the pineapple; whisk to combine.
- Pour into a shallow metal pan/loaf pan, and place in freezer for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Cut sorbet chunks out of the metal pan, and place them in the large plastic cup/container (you can do half at a time if needed). Add the 3 tbsp water (or use half the water if you are doing multiple rounds). Using the immersion blender, push it down into the plastic cup on top of the frozen sorbet chunks, and press down to process until smooth (will be thick but smooth). Repeat until smooth.
- Serve in bowl garnished with shredded coconut and don’t forget the cherry! Serve immediately or place back into freezer.