This recipe was prepared using the Braun PureMix Blender.
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2-3 cups cold water, plus more for soaking
- Optional add-ins:
- 1 1/2 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup or honey, or to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- Cover the cashew nuts with enough cold water to cover; soak for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- When soaked, drain the cashews. Pour the drained cashews and 2 cups of water into the Braun PureMix Blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. If desired, strain the cashew milk through a fine-mesh sieve for a smooth milk. Add more cold water if you prefer a thinner consistency and mix well.
- Serve immediately with optional add-ins or cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. The milk may separate, just shake well and it will be delicious. For hot “chocolate” cashew milk, heat the milk and stir in the chocolate. Or for some other flavors stir in vanilla and/or maple syrup and optional pinch of sea salt.