Collection of your personal information
DeLonghi (Australia) Pty Ltd, DeLonghi New Zealand Limited and their related entities (DeLonghi) is committed to honoring the privacy of anyone who interacts with our company. This policy describes the steps that we take when handling your personal information.
We will collect personal information from you when you speak to one of our representatives or otherwise deal with our company or its affiliates, business or advertising partners, customers and other service providers; supply products or services to us; or apply for a position with us. DeLonghi's newsletter registration form, request for quote form and contact form also require you to give us personal information. We use the term "personal information" as it is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in the case of Australia, and the Privacy Act 1993 in the case of New Zealand, as applicable (Privacy Act). It generally refers to information about an identifiable individual.
The kind of personal information that we collect includes:
- name, email address, physical address, phone number and other contact details;
- information about your company and job function;
- financial information (eg credit or bank card information when you purchase products and services from us);
- information about your preferences for products and services offered by the company;
- feedback that you provide about our site and products and services;
- (if you are a supplier or service provider) information as part of the products and services which you supply to us; and
- any other information that you choose to send us.
We do not generally require that you provide personal information to us, but if you do not give us the information that we request, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services and/or information about them.
Collection of information through our site
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used by us to help improve the site. This information is supplied by your browser:
- the user's I.P. address;
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc);
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .nz, .uk etc.);
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities (which means that information collected in this way is not personal information under the Privacy Act) except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet web server logs.
Use of I.P. Addresses
An Internet protocol (I.P.) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your internet service provider or through your company's local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Our web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
We may collect I.P. addresses for statistical purposes. We do not use I.P. addresses to identify individuals, except in the same unlikely circumstances set out above.
Use of personal information
We use the personal information that we have collected about you for the purpose for which it was collected, any related secondary purpose, any purpose to which you have consented, and as otherwise authorised or required by the Privacy Act. Such uses include:
- providing you with products and services that you have requested (which includes registering purchased products and processing warranty claims);
- providing you with information and promotional materials about our products and services (however we will not add your contact details to a mailing list unless you have consented to this);
- managing and/or improving our relationship with you (including through our De'Club newsletter and through client satisfaction surveys);
- dealing with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to your privacy, this website, our products or the business more generally;
- (if you are a supplier or service provider) to communicate with you and assess the products and services that you supply;
- (if you have applied for a position with us) assessing your application for a position within the company; and
- facilitating our business operations.
Personal information on warranty claim forms that we obtained from service providers is stored separately from other personal information and is generally used for warranty and product recall purposes.
Storage of personal information
We will store all the personal information we obtain about you on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, any related secondary purpose, any purpose to which you have consented, and as otherwise authorised or required by the Privacy Act. Such disclosures include:
- to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with the provision of products or services;
- to employees, agents and service providers who assist us in running our business or provide related services; and
- to our related bodies corporate for internal or business purposes.
Our related bodies corporate and service providers are located in:
DeLonghi Australia, Unit 3, 43 Lyn Parade, Prestons, NSW, 2170, Australia
DeLonghi New Zealand PTY LTD, 99 Khyber Pass Rd, Grafton, Auckland, 1023, New Zealand
and other countries including Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom :
DeLonghi Appliances S.r.l., 47 Lodovico Seitz - 31100 Treviso - Italy
DeLonghi Braun Household GmbH, Carl-Ulrich-Straße 2-6 63263 Neu-Isenburg Germany
Kenwood Ltd New Lane, Havant, Hampshire PO9 2NH - UK
Also please see below the physical address of our web hosting provider for some additional sections of the DeLonghi Group Websites:
StudioCoast Pty Ltd, Suite 3 / 79 West Burleigh Road Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
And the physical address of the data centre they use:
Sanity Holdings Pty Ltd, Level 1 360 St Pauls Tce Fortitude Valley QLD Australia 4006
We do not sell, trade, exchange or otherwise make available any personally identifiable information to any other company or organization.
This site contains links to other sites. DeLonghi is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites.
- DeLonghi uses the information gathered from cookies to improve our products and services. We do not use the information collected to identify you. If you would rather not receive cookies you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- Contacting DeLonghi About Privacy
Privacy Officer for Australia and New Zealand
- Phone: 1800 126 659
- Postal address: Delonghi Australia Pty Ltd, Unit 3A / 43 Lyn Parade, Prestons NSW 2170
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also complain about our handling of your personal information by using the contact methods set out above. We will consider any complaints which we receive and provide you with a response in a reasonable time (usually 30 days of receipt). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may take your complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner for Australia, or the Privacy Commissioner for New Zealand.
See our Club and/or Product Registration pages to Subscribe or Unsubscribe from our newsletters.
All information on this site is protected by copyright law: © DeLonghi.