Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. For the sauce, soften the shallot with the butter in a medium saucepan for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the balsamic vinegar, Pedro Ximenez and cream. Cook until boiled down a little and thickened.
2. Add the foie gras and blend in the pan to form a sauce using the Braun Multiquick 7’s hand blender. Once blended, transfer to a bowl until needed.
3. For the date puree, place all the ingredients in a different saucepan over a gentle flame and cook for 8 minutes. When cooked, pour into the Braun Multiquick 7’s hand blender large chopper accessory and pulse several times to form a puree.
4. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a spoonful of olive oil in a large non- stick frying pan over a high temperature. Cook the steaks for about 3 minutes for medium, turning them once to seal all over. Cook for a further 1 minute for well done or 1 minute less for rare.
5. Remove from the pan and place the steaks on a shallow baking tray and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with foie gras-Pedro Ximenez sauce and a puree of dates.