1. Preheat the oven grill to high. Prick the aubergines with a fork and grill them, turning occasionally, until the skin blisters and blackens all over. This will take between 20 - 30 minutes.
2. When cool, peel off the skin of the aubergines, then leave the aubergine flesh in a colander for 15 minutes to drain off any excess liquid.
3. Chop the garlic and salt in the Braun Multiquick hand blender’s chopper accessory.
4. Add the aubergine flesh, lemon juice, two spoons of sesame seeds, cumin, pepper and yogurt. Blend to a thick purée.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds to serve.