Marc Fosh's boulangère potatoes
1. Heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Brush a deep ovenproof serving dish with olive oil.
3. Use the Braun Multiquick hand blender’s compact kitchen machine with its fine slicing accessory to slice the potatoes, garlic and onions.
4. Place a layer of the potato mix over the base, top with a layer of onions and season with salt and pepper. Finish with a neat layer of overlapping potatoes on top.
5. Pour over the hot stock, dot the diced butter over the top and sprinkle with thyme.
6. Place in the oven at 180°C and cook for 1 hour, then reduce heat to 120°C and cook for 20 minutes more. The potatoes should be golden on top and soft all the way through. Test by inserting a knife.