1. To make the sauce, place all the ingredients over a gentle flame and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Pour the ingredients into the Braun Multiquick 5’s beaker and blend using the shaft of the hand blender. Pass through a fine sieve and refrigerate until required.
3. For the floating islands, place the milk into a wide, shallow saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
4. Then, in a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites using the Braun Multiquick 5’s hand blender with whisk accessory until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed. Gradually add the sugar, whisking continuously until the mixture is thick and glossy.
5. Carefully shape 8 large spoonfuls of the egg white mixture and add to the simmering milk. Poach gently for two minutes. Remove, cool and refrigerate.
6. Pour the cool sauce into the bottom of a dessert glass and cover with two of the floating islands. Garnish with red berries.