This recipe is a real stunner and yet really easy to cook. It’s nice to prepare together with some friends, so that everyone can do what they know best: the fish, compote or delicious herb sauce.
1. Cut the fish into fine cubes.
2. Mix with salt, pepper, some lemon zest and juice, cumin and chopped estragon. Form 4 fish burgers of like size.
3. Wrap each of them into one bacon strip and fry until glazy on both sides at medium heat in a pan with rape oil.
Tender wheat compote
1. Sauté the shallott cubes in a little rape oil.
2. Add the tender wheat and laurel. Cover with the stock and cook at low heat in the closed pan for 10 minutes until done.
3. Just before serving, stir in wafer-thin carrot strips, some horseradish, salt, pepper, mustard and butter. Bring to the boil briefly, so that the carrot strips are done al dente.
1. Sweat the shallotts in a little rape oil, quench with white wine. Then add the stock and cream and cook briefly to thicken.
2. In the meantime, chop the herbs and blend them well into the hot sauce using your Braun Multiquick hand blender, adding some salt too, to create a fresh, green herb coloured sauce.
3. Just before serving, pour through a sieve, bring to the boil and blend again with a dash of cold milk to a foamy consistency. Add seasoning to taste.