1. Preheat the oven grill to high. Prick the aubergines with a fork and grill them, turning occasionally, until the skin blisters and blackens all over. This will take between 20 - 30 minutes.
2. When cool, peel off the skin of the aubergines, then leave the aubergine flesh in a colander for 15 minutes to drain off any excess liquid.
3. Chop the garlic and salt in the Braun Multiquick 5 hand blender’s chopper accessory.
4. Add the aubergine flesh, lemon juice, two spoons of sesame seeds, cumin, pepper and yogurt. Blend to a thick purée.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds to serve.
This is a versatile dip that’s good for any occasion. It’s also a great introduction to aubergines for fussy eaters.
This recipe has been prepared using the Braun Multiquick 5 hand blender with its chopper accessory.