Chicken & asparagus roulades on sweet potato purée
Creative recipes don’t need to be complicated. Just try something new like sweet potatoes in between to bring variety to your cuisine.
1. Flatten the chicken breast and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Blanch the asparagus tips, roll them into the chicken breast, fix with a toothpick and fry briefly from all sides in the oil.
3. Peel and dice the sweet potato and cook until done in the stock. Cut the potato into pieces and blend with the cream using your Braun Multiquick hand blender to form a smooth purée.
4. Chop the macadamia nuts very finely with the chopper and stir into the purée.
5. Clean, wash and pluck the salad and mix with a vinaigrette made of olive oil, salt, pepper, white wine vinegar and fresh basil.
6. Place the purée in the centre of the plate, the salad on the side. Cut the roulades open obliquely, place on the purée and garnish with basil.
Good to know:
Flattening meat is done carefully with the ball of your hand. A meat tenderizer is prone to tear tender or thin pieces. You can, however, put the meat in a freezer bag and then press it with a heavy object.
"Blanching" means putting vegetables into boiling water for approx. 1-5 minutes and then quenching them with iced water. This preserves their bright and beautiful colour. The vegetables stay firm – al dente – and keep longer too.