1. Heat the oven to 200ºC and roast the sweet potatoes whole for 45 minutes. Turn off the oven, leave the potatoes to cool and then peel.
2. Place the sweet potato into the Braun Multiquick 5 compact kitchen machine with its chopping blades and blend with the cumin, garlic, both ground and fresh coriander, lemon juice and flour. Leave the mixture in the fridge to firm up for an hour.
3. After an hour, spoon the sweet potato mixture into patties. Place them on an oiled baking tray and bake in the oven for 8 minutes on each side.
4. For the coleslaw, use the shredding tool and the Braun Multiquick 5 Compact Kitchen Machine to shred the onions, carrots and both white and red cabbages.
5. Place the coleslaw mixture in a bowl and add the red wine vinegar and caster sugar. Season the coleslaw with salt and pepper and leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
6. Serve the baked sweet potato falafels with the coleslaw and toasted pitta.
Marc Fosh’s tip
If you’re struggling to find healthy food that kids will love, look no further. Whether made in large quantities or just as a small snack, this is always a hit at my children’s birthday parties.
This recipe uses the Braun Multiquick 5 with its compact kitchen machine and both chopping blades and fine shredding accessories.