This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its food processor, beaker and 1.5-cup chopper attachments.
- 450 g cooked lobster in the shell
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 leek
- 5 medium tomatoes, about 5 ounces
- 50 g white rice
- 50 ml brandy
- 1 l fish stock or seafood broth
- 125 ml coconut milk *
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the lobster on its back and cut it from underneath, all the way from the tail to the head, with a chef’s knife. Remove and refrigerate the claw and tail meat. Keep the heads and shells for the soup.
- Heat a tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan and add the lobster heads and shells. Reduce the heat and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, garlic cloves, lemongrass and the leek to the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment. Using the chopping blades, chop into small pieces. Add to the saucepan with lobster and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the food processor, and roughly chop. Add to the pan with the brandy. Cover the veggies and lobster shells with fish stock. Let simmer for 5 - 8 minutes. Add the rice and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove the lobster heads and any shells. Blend soup with the Braun MultiQuick 7 hand blender and its blending shaft.
- Pour the soup through a fine sieve and place in a clean saucepan. Add the cream, coconut milk and lemon juice and heat gently Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(* If the coconut milk has separated, pour it into a bowl and use the Braun MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with blending shaft and blend until creamy.)