This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender with its blending shaft and beaker attachment.
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
- 15 sprigs thyme
- 20 chives
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Kosher salt
- 4.5 kg turkey
- Two days before you plan to roast your turkey, add rosemary leaves, thyme and chives to Braun’s MultiQuick 7 beaker attachment. Blend on high speed. Then add butter, olive oil and salt and blend again on high speed until combined.
- Loosen the skin on your turkey and rub the butter/herb mixture all over the inside and on the outside. Tuck the wing tips behind the neck and tie the legs together. Put the turkey in a large food-safe plastic bag. Leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day take the turkey out of the bag and put in a roasting rack in a pan. Let turkey air dry overnight in the refrigerator.
- Position a rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat oven to 220°C. Roast the turkey for 30 minutes breast side down. Reduce heat to 160°C. Continue to roast turkey until an instant-read thermometer registers 75°C in the thickest part of the turkey, about 1 ½ hours. Remove from the oven and let stand for 30 minutes before carving to allow juices to settle.