This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its 1.5-cup chopper and food processor attachments.
- 2 green onions
- 1 fresh green chili, seeds removed or if you prefer very spicy, leave them in
- 1 avocado, sliced in half, seed and skin removed
- 200 ml chicken broth
- 200 ml plain low fat yogurt
- 100 ml milk
- A few sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
- A few drops of tabasco sauce, optional
- A pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Chop the green onions in the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment together with the chili. Add the avocado and blend.
- Then add the chicken broth, yogurt, milk, cilantro, lime juice, tabasco and a pinch of cayenne pepper, if using in the food processor with the avocado mixture. Blend to a smooth purée. Season with sea salt.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While soup is chilling make the spice mix. Lightly toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a small pan on the stovetop. Stir in chili powder. Transfer spice to the bowl of the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment. Add the oregano and garlic powder and blend until spices are finely ground. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Pour the cooled soup into bowls, sprinkle with the spice mix and serve immediately.
(Note: if there’s leftover spice mix, add some salt and pepper and use as a dry rub for your favorite meat, chicken or fish.)