This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its 1.5 cup chopper and masher attachments.
- 1 lb. (450 g) celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 shallots, about 2 oz (55 g)
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cut celery root in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until very soft when pierced with a knife.
- Using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its 1.5 cup chopper attachment, pulse about 5 times to roughly chop shallots. Heat a small pan with 1 ½ tsp butter. Add chopped shallots and sauté for about 3-5 minutes or until crispy and cooked. Set aside.
- Drain the celery root chunks and place in a bowl. Add remaining butter, the milk and heavy cream. Using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with masher attachment, mash on the highest until desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm garnished with shallots.