This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its Food processor beaker, 1.5-cup chopper, 2-cup chopper and whisk attachments.
- 4 large potatoes, about 2 pounds (900 g)
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled, about 10 ounces (280 g)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 whole eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For tomato-Manchego cheese and chive salad:
- 1 small bunch of chives (about ¼ cup)
- 6 oz. (170 g) Manchego diced into ½ dice
- 10 large cherry tomatoes, quartered (can also use 20 small cherry tomatoes)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Wash potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- For very fast cooking preparation and no tears, attach a suitable hand blender to Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Food processor attachment with its shredding disc to shred the onion. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place slicing disc in the Food processor attachment. Attach to the hand blender to slice the potatoes nice and evenly.
- Heat ¼ cup of the olive oil in a heavy based 9-inch non-stick frying pan and fry the potatoes gently for 10 minutes on medium high heat, stirring often until they start to soften. Add the onion and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the potatoes from the pan and set aside. Wipe out pan.
- Place the eggs in Braun’s beaker attachment. Attach the hand blender to the MultiQuick 7 whisk attachment and beat the eggs. Start slowly and gradually increase the speed until the beaten egg reaches the desired texture.
- Put a tbsp of olive oil into a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and sliced potatoes, stir with a wooden spoon and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until set. Place a rack in the oven on the second shelf from the top and turn on broiler on high. Continue to cook the eggs for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned on the top and cooked through. Remove from oven and place plate over top of pan. Flip torta out of pan and serve immediately with Manchego cheese and chive salad.
- For the tomato, Manchego cheese and chive salad, put the chives in Braun’s MultiQuick 7 1.5 cup chopper attachment. Attach to the hand blender and roughly chop. Now mix with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and let to sit in the fridge for 10 minutes. Serve with hot or room temperature tortilla.
Chef’s tip: This tortilla goes well with any fresh salad so don’t be afraid to experiment.