This recipe was prepared using Braun's MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its food processor and 1.5-cup chopper attachments.
- 1-inch x 1/2 –inch (2.5 x 1 cm) piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp gluten free Tamari
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 14 oz. (395 g) firm or extra firm tofu, cut into 32 cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and ends trimmed
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2 1/2 –inch pieces
- 1 small red onion
- 1-inch by ½-inch (2.5 x 1 cm) piece of ginger
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 scallions, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tsp gluten free corn starch
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 3 tbsp gluten free Tamari
- ½ cup gluten free vegetable broth
- 3 ½ tsp sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- In Braun’s MultiQuick 7 1.5-cup chopper attachment, finely chop ginger and garlic for tofu marinade, pulsing a couple of times on high speed. In a bowl, mix together Tamari, sugar and sesame oil. Add tofu, ginger and garlic and toss gently to coat tofu. Set aside.
- In Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Food processor attachment with julienne insert, julienne the carrots and then the red pepper. Dry each well with paper towels. Switch to the slicing blade and slice the red onion.
- Add the garlic and ginger to 1.5-cup chopper and finely chop, pulsing a couple times on high speed. Remove to a bowl. Then repeat with the scallion.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch. Then whisk in sherry. Add Tamari and then vegetable broth.
- Heat large non-stick frying pan. Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil and marinated tofu, discarding remaining marinade. Sauté tofu until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add 2 teaspoons sesame oil to the pan. Add giniger, garlic, scallions and onion and sauté for about 1 minute. Add broccoli, carrots and peppers and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until broccoli has turned brighter green. Add sauce and tofu and bring to a boil. Let cook for another 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened and dish is hot. Serve with brown or white rice.