This recipe was prepared using Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender with its 2-cup chopper and 1.5-cup chopper attachments.
Dressing (Makes about 1 cup, can be halved or make the full recipe and use leftovers for salad all week)
- 0.3 ounces (8.5 g) peeled fresh ginger
- 2 ounce (55 g) piece carrot, peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 oz (55 g) silken tofu
- ½ cup brown medium grain rice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 scallion
- 2 nori sheets
- 3-4 ounces (85-110 g) raw or cooked fish such as tuna, salmon, yellow tail and shrimp
- 1 ½ cups tightly packed greens such as microgreens, baby arugula, spinach or mixed greens
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- To make the dressing, place all of the dressing ingredients in the Braun MultiQuick 2-cup chopper attachment. Attach the hand blender and blend until smooth.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. While rice is cooking prepare, the rice seasoning. Add 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside until rice is cooked. When rice is done, spread onto baking sheet to cool off. Once it is cooled, about 10 minutes, pour into bowl and mix with vinegar sugar mixture.
- While rice is cooling, use the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper to chop the scallion. Set aside.
- When rice is cool, lay sushi mat on a flat surface. (If you don’t have a sushi mat, you can also use a piece of parchment.) Take a sheet of nori, and lay the shinier side down. Spread half of cooked rice mixture on top, making sure that the rice covers the entire surface of the seaweed. (Dip your hands in water if having trouble spreading the rice).
- Then add the fish on top of the rice in a row parallel to your flat surface, about 1/3 up from the bottom of the nori. Then add ½ the greens, the chopped scallion and the avocado on top of the fish in a row. Roll the bottom 1/3rd of the nori sheet with rice over the fish and greens and press together using the mat or the parchment. Squeeze together and then roll the rest of the nori with rice to form a tight roll using the mat or parchment. Slice burrito in half and serve with the dressing on the side.