This recipe was prepared using the Braun MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its food processor attachment.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small leek
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb. (450 g) flounder or other white fish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme
- Using the Braun MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its food processor attachment and julienne insert, process the carrots and then the zucchini. Remove to a bowl. Then add the red onion and julienne. Place in a separate small bowl.
- Cut hard green part and end off the leek. Cut into 4 pieces. Change the MultiQuick 7 julienne insert to the chopping blades. Add the leeks and roughly chop the leek into small pieces on high speed. Rinse the leeks in cold water and pat dry.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a 10-inch pan. Add the onion and leek. Cook on medium, for about 5 minutes to soften, stirring often. Add the carrots and zucchini and cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add vegetable broth to vegetables and bring to a boil. Season fish with salt and pepper and place on top of the vegetables. Turn heat down and place a piece of thyme branch on top of each piece of fish. Cover and steam for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish is no longer opaque—check fish while cooking so it doesn’t over cook.