This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender with its 2-cup chopper and food processor attachments.
- 270 g soba, udon or spaghetti
- 2 carrots, peeled and ends trimmed
- 1 cucumber ends trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cm by 2 cm piece peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. When cooked, drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water and place in a large bowl.
- Using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with its food processor attachment and julienne blade, julienne carrots. Remove from bowl into a small bowl. Then julienne the cucumber and set aside in separate bowl until ready to serve.
- In the 2-cup chopper attachment, add the garlic and ginger and finely chop on high speed. Then add the rest of the ingredients except the toasted sesame seeds and pulse to combine. You may need to take the lid off, wipe down the sides and continue to process until mixture is smooth.
- Add the sauce to the cooled noodles. Slowly add the hot cooking water, as needed, to thin out the sauce and spread on the noodles. Serve immediately with julienned carrots and cucumbers and toasted sesame seeds.