This recipe was prepared using Braun’s MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender with its blending shaft, 1.5-cup chopper and food processor attachments.
- 12 oz. (340 g) carrots
- 4 oz. (110 g) jicama
- ½ hot red chili pepper, cut in half, optional
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ½ cup full fat or 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel the carrots and cut off the ends. Peel the jicama and cut into pieces to fit into feed tube of the Braun MultiQuick 7 food processor. Cut each carrot in half and place two in the Braun Multiquick 7 food processor with the fine shredding blade. Continue with the rest of the carrots until all are shredded. Add the jicama and shred all of the pieces.
- Place the red pepper in the 1.5-cup chopper attachment and finely chop on high speed.
- Put the carrot, jicama and chopped pepper into a large bowl. Add the raisins.
- Add the lime juice, lime zest, Greek yogurt, seasoned rice wine vinegar, and olive oil to the beaker attachment of the Multiquick 7 Hand blender. Using the MultiQuick 7 blending shaft, start slowly blending and then increase the speed until dressing is smooth. Set aside.
- Add cilantro to wiped out Braun’s MultiQuick 7 1.5-cup chopper attachment and chop finely on the highest speed.
- Pour dressing over carrot mixture and toss until coated. Stir in cilantro and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.