This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender with its food processor and whisk attachments.
For the pear compote:
- 6 ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 200 ml apple juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
For the coconut parfait:
- 200 ml fresh coconut milk
- 150 g coconut meat
- 75 g sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 100 g mascarpone
- 100 ml whipping cream
For the chocolate-cardamom sauce: (Makes 2 ¼ cups)
- 300 ml milk
- 90 g unsalted butter
- 400 g dark chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 4-6 green cardamom pods
Garnish: mint leaves
- For the crumble base, place the pecans, almonds, chia seeds and cocoa powder in the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment and blend until a crumbly mix forms, then add the honey and process until just combined. Set aside.
- For the banana and coconut cream, place the bananas, coconut meat, honey and coconut milk in the beaker attachment and blend using the Braun MultiQuick 7 Hand blender with blending shaft to a thick, smooth purée.
- For the toffee sauce, bring the water and sugar to a boil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium high heat. Cook (without stirring) until golden brown for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and immediately add the cream and butter. Stir well until smooth. Then add the two sliced bananas.
Layer 4 glasses with the crumble base and place a good spoonful of toffee and bananas on top. Divide the banana-coconut cream between the 4 glasses and place another layer of toffee and bananas on top of the cream. Finish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with chia seeds. Serve immediately.