This recipe was prepared using Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender with its 1.5-cup chopper attachment, and a Braun PureMix Countertop Blender.
- 2 tbsp toasted blanched hazelnuts
- 3 ounces (90 ml) dark, semi sweet or milk chocolate
- 2 21 gram waffle cones
- ¼ cup hot espresso
- ¼ cup hot milk
- Place 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts in the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment. Attach the hand blender and roughly chop. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, about 1 minute on high. Then stir and add a few seconds at time until completely melted. (Or melt in a double boiler over low heat until chocolate is completely melted.)
- Pour almost half the chocolate into 1 cone. Spread it around on the inside the cone to completely coated with chocolate. There should be some chocolate in the bottom to prevent the hot coffee from coming out of the bottom. Spread a little chocolate on the outside cone, about 1 –inch from the top and dip in the chopped hazelnuts. Repeat with the other cone. Place cones in a short glass in the refrigerator. Let chill completely, at least 30 minutes. (Cones can be made a day ahead and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.)
- When cones are hard, add hot coffee and milk to the Braun PureMix Blender. Blend to perfection by pressing the On/Off button, then select “stir” to start. Press it again until mixture is frothy. Pour about ½ the coffee mixture into each cone until it reaches almost to the v in the cone. Top with the froth. Fill the other cone and serve immediately.