This recipe was prepared using Braun's Multiquick 7 Hand Blender and its food processor, 1.5-cup chopper and beaker attachments.
Pecan, chia & cranberry breakfast cookies
Makes about 45 cookies
- 170g cup room temperature butter
- 227g sugar
- 113g cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 113g milk
- 454g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp pecan halves
- 3.5 ounces dried cranberries
- 10 tbsp chia seeds
Strawberry yogurt drink
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries
- 170g plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 113g milk
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- For the cookies, place the butter, vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, honey, egg, milk, flour and baking powder in the Braun MultiQuick food processor attachment and process until a soft dough forms.
- Finely chop pecans with the Braun MultiQuick 1.5-cup chopper attachment.
- Place dough in a bowl and mix in the pecans, dried cranberries and chia seeds.
- Form 1 tablespoon of dough into ball-sized shapes, flatten into cookies and allow room to spread on the baking tray. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until brown. Let cool slightly.
- For the strawberry yogurt drink, place all the ingredients in the Braun MultiQuick beaker attachment and blend to smooth purée with the Braun MultiQuick 7 hand blender with blending shaft.
- Serve the smoothie with the cookies, for a perfect breakfast. Freeze the leftover cookies and take out as you need them.