Conquer the expected summer soup with this delicious recipe for Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Soup by iFoodReal using the Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender. We can’t wait to try this light recipe for lunch! Read the full blog post here
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes (7-8 Roma), cut in chunks
- 5 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (I used packed in oil & drained)
- 14 oz can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup water or broth of choice
- ¾ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Basil, for garnish
- Preheat medium size pot on low heat and swirl oil to coat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes, increasing heat to medium and stirring occasionally.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, coconut milk, water or broth and salt. Stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender puree until smooth. Add ground black pepper to taste and serve hot garnished with basil. Sprouted toast would be nice too.
- Storage Instructions: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 5 days.